Good Works Done by CID Officers in the year 2007
1. A team of Hooghly DD under leadership of SI D.P. Pouranik proceeded Barielly (UP) on 31/12/06 and returned on 5/1/07 after arresting one of the racket of the kidnapper namely Ram Paul Rathore @ Majde s/o Sri Baburam Rathore of village Baror, PS Nawabganj, Barielly (UP).
2. On 15/1/07 CID officers and men with the help of Tiljala PS Police held raid and arrested 2 accused persons namely 1) Md Mohasin Gazi @ Bablu s/o Lt Md Moula Box Gazi of Kefayatkati, PS Baduria, District North 24-Pgs and one other and seized FICN Rs 2900/- from their possession. This refers to Tiljala PS c/no 16/07 dated 15/01/07 u/s 489B/489C/120B/34 IPC.
3. Basirhat PS c/no 23 dt 17/1/07 u/s 121/121A/123/124/468/471/474/489B/489C/120B/34 IPC & 3/4/9 Official Secret Act and 14 Foreigner Act. On receipt of a secret information CID officers arrested 2 BD National namely 1) Hasan Ahmed, 2) Ali Amin Mirza with faked passport, 5 Nos. of denomination for Rs.500/-,incriminating documents and secret Indian Military documents. It is suspected they may be agents of ISI, Pakistan.
4. On 09/02/2007 in between 19:10 hrs and 19:40 hrs a raid was held by the officers & men of Special Operation Group Unit,CID near Petrol Pump at 69/1 Diamond Harbour Road, Behala, Kolkata-700 034 on the basis of secret source information and they arrested 4 persons and recovered one improvised fire arm & 1 round .38 ammunition . Names of the arrested persons are
- Biswajit Adhikary of PS-Habra
- Gokul Biswas of PS-Bongaon
- Jahid Ahmed of PS Keraniganj, Bangladesh
- Tanbir Ahmed Kabir of Bangladesh
On interrogation it revealed that they were preparing for committing dacoity at the Petrol Pump situated nearly at 69/1 Diamond Harbour Road, Behala, Kolkata-700 034. This refers to Behala PS Case No. 52 dt 09/02/2007 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act.
5. On 16/02/2007 around 18:45 hrs during raid at 1099, Hossainpur, Madurdaha, PS-Tiljala, by POWC Cell (WG Cell),CID, the police rescued three girls who were brought there from neighbouring country after they were kidnapped therefrom, and 4 abductors were arrested. They were kidnapped for use in prostitution. This refers to Tiljala PS Case No.55 dt 16.02.2007 u/s 363/366(A)/366(B) IPC & 3/4/5/6 Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act.
6. On the night of 02/03/2007 in between 20:30 hrs and 21:00 hrs, on credit of a secret source information under the leadership of Inspr, Shri P.N.Chakraborty,DDI Nadia, Inspr. Shri A.K.Das,DDI Nadia, SI Naba Kumar Ghosh of Nadia DD and ASI Sanjit Kumar Pal of Kotwali PS held raid in the house of one Pada Sarkar s/o Lt Narayan Sarkar of Subhash Nagar, PS-Kotwali, krishnanagar, Nadia and recovered one Red coloured Bazaz Discover Motor Cycle without bearing registration number and on being asked accused could not give any satisfactory account of its possession. It is suspected that the motor cycle was stolen. Accused Pada Sarkar was arrested and the motor cycle and other documents were seized. In this regard a case u/s 413 IPC was registered in Kotwali PS, Nadia District.
7. Ref: Nakashipara PS Case No. 79 dt 11/03/2007 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act.
A team of CID Officers with the help of district police held raid at Tentulberia village, PS-Nakashipara and arrested accused Bablu Sk and Ahadulla Sk and recovered one musket and five rounds of ball ammunitions
8. Ref: Kasba PS Case No. 67 dt. 17/03/2007 u/s 14 Foreigner’s Act read with section 467/471/120B IPC.
On 17/03/2007 at about 18:45 hrs. acting on a secret source information 6 Banladeshi nationals mainly
- Akash Chowdhury (29) s/o Kausar Chowdhury of 256/1 Gulisthan, Dhaka-1000, PS-Ramna, District Dhaka
- Badal Mondal s/o Bimal Mondal of village Banorgati , PS-Sonadanga, District-Khulna,
- Naimul Hassan (27) s/o Md. Sirajul of Hossainpur Miabari, PS-SonarGaon, District-Naranganj,
- Md. Sohel (31) s/o Md Almas of village-Thanapara, PS & District-Tangail
- Rifad Ahamed (23) s/o Mannan Ahamed of Village-Chandpara, PS & District-Uttar Dhaka and
- Sujan Ahamed (29) s/o Miajuddin Mia of village & PS & District- Rajbari, Bangladesh were arrested at Kasba Petrol Pump near Ruby General Hospital under PS-Kasba, District-South 24 Parganas and from their possession police recovered three numbers of Passports of Bangladesh Government which were appeared to be faked.
9. Khardah PS Case No. 84 dated 27/03/2007 u/s 467/468/471/411/414 IPC.
On the basis of a secret source information on 27/03/2007 at 16:45 hrs SI Ashoke Sengupta of Barrackpore DD, held a raid at Kamarhati near National Tobacco Company and seized one truck bearing fake number plate as NL-01/D-3691 having its erased and punched chassis number 360321ATQ-702371 and engine number 697D23AT07-51107. The driver of the said Truck Jamuna Ram (34 years) s/o Ram Goli Ram of Titagarh, A/P Devi Road, PS-Khardah was arrested and some fake documents were seized from his possession.
10. Nakashipara PS Case No. 97 dt 30/03/2007 u/s 15(B) NDPS Act.
On 30/03/2007 from 15:30 hrs to 15:55 hrs . 29 Kilograms of Poppy Straw had been seized from the dwelling house of one Makram Ali Sk (46) s/o Lt Ansar Ali Sk of village Dhubi, PS-Nakashipara, Nadia. Said Makram Ali was arrested.
11. Based on source information the teams of CID,WB led by Smt. K.K. Lahiri & Soma Das, conducted raids at Topsia, Howrah and Serampore PS area, resulting in arrest of
- Kamal Krishna Lodha, resident of 39/1 N S Road, Rishra.
- Pankaj Maheswari, resident of Shyam Sarwar, Bangur Park,Rishra.
- Surya Prakash Soni, resident of Brindaban Garden, B-2, 9th Floor, Topsia. Nine (9) mobile-phones were recovered, alongwith a lap-top and a PC . One Reliance land line phone was also recovered. The group was involved in Cricket-betting. The relevant entries were being made on 2 computers. Bets were received from various persons of Kolkata and West Bengal areas over mobile phones. Links to bookies of outside State of West Bengal have been traced.
12. As per secret information a raid was conducted by the officers of CID Team at East Palace Hotel at Kon-Chowki under PS-Bishnupur, District-South 24 Pargana and rescued 3 minor girls alongwith arrest of 6 other sex workers including one Taxi Driver who brought the minor girls in the hotel with a view to force them in commercial sex work. The rescued girls were in the age group of 14 to 16 years of age mainly from Tiljala Police Station area. They were enticed by one Sumita @ Chitra Agarwal , a closed door neighbour with a promise to take them in AQUATICA –an entertainment park. On the way they were forcefully taken to Hotel and compelled to wait in three separate rooms after giving them two condoms each. The CID team comprising Dy.SP Subodh Biswas, Inspr. Kamal Chowdhuri , Inspr. Smt. Dipali Basak and others led by Sri S.K.Gazmer,IPS , Spl.Supdt. of Police,CID,WB raided the hotel timely to rescue the girl from being exploited on 25.04.2007 evening. CID,West Bengal request all viewers to inform POWC Cell (Protection of Women and Child Cell) to give prompt information of Human Trafficking involving minor girls(.) Let CID West Bengal partner with you to fight this social menace. This refers to Bishnupur PS Case No.128 dt 25/04/2007 u/s 363/366A/372 IPC and 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / ITP Act.
13. Based on an intelligence lead received during the early part of 2007 by officers of the Military Intelligence Unit at Kolkata regarding senior functionaries and active fighting cadres of the banned insurgent group of Manipur Named PREPAK (Shanti Faction) hiding in Kolkata, a discreet surveillance was worked out to keep a close watch on their movements. 2. On 07 Apr 07, based on specific information of the Military Intelligence Unit of Eastern Command regarding two of the senior functionaries of this banned insurgent faction preparing to leave for Imphal by Indian Airlines flight IC-211 from Kolkata, an Army Unit carried out a joint operation with Manipur Police at Imphal Airport and arrested both the insurgents at around at 13:30 hrs same day. They have been identified as under :- (a) Y Sanjay Singh, Self styled Finance Secretary of PREPAK (Shanti Faction). (b) Leisharam Ibobi Singh, Self styled Political Secretary of PREPAK (Shanti Faction). 3. Immediately warning bells were sent by insurgents in Imphal to their members in Kolkata. Cadres here were seen moving away from their respective locations. Officers of Military Intelligence immediately got alerted and swiftly reacted to the situation. Maintaining absolute secrecy, two fighting cadres of PREPAK (Shanti Faction) were arrested from Southern Suburbs of Kolkata on 8 April, by carrying out joint raid with the Officers of CID West Bengal. Cadres have been identified as :- (a) Self Styled Captain Leishmba alias Rakesh Singh. (b) Self Styled Lieutenant R K Dhaneswar alias Changlamba. 4. According to last report received detailed search of their known hideouts were being carried out and necessary seizures are being made. Interrogation of all above cadres is in progress at present at respective locations. It has also come to light through own sources that SS Captain Rakesh is a hard core terrorist who has under gone training in Myanmar.
14.On 28/04/2007 acting upon source information raid was conducted by SOG,CID at Madam Mohon Crossing on Biren Roy Road (East ), PS-Thakurpukur, District-South 24 Pargana and the SOG officers arrested 2 accused namely 1. Nemai Bhuia (45) s/o Lt Kalo Bhuia of Kazirchak, PO-Joka, PS-Thakurpukur 2. Alok Dalui(35) s/o Lt Biswas Dalui of 152/154, Sodepur Road, PS-Thakurpukur and recovered one metal idol of Lord Gouranga weight about 18 kg and height about 1 ft from the possession of accused persons. This refers to Thakurpukur PS GDE No. 2259 dt 28/04/2007 u/s 41 Cr.PC and 379 /411 IPC and 4 (I) BCLA Act.
15.On 14.04.2007 in between 11:35 to 12:05 hrs as per secret source information DDI Nadia and his team raided in the house of one Madhan Biswas (63) s/o Lt Dharani Biswas of Choto Nalda , PS-Tehatta, District-Nadia, and recovered 1 Kg 700 grams of opium from his possession. The accused Madhan Biswas has been arrested. This refers to Tehatta PS Case No.117 dt 14.04.2007 u/s 15/17/18 NDPS Act.
16. On 08/04/2007 in between 06:05 to 07:15 hrs, on the basis of secret source information, DD Nadia and his team raided the house of one Abdul Hannan Sk s/o Lt Kunuruddin Sk of Kulgachhi, PS-Tehatta and searched the house. Police recovered 7 Kgs Opium and 6 Kgs Poppy straw from the dwelling house of Hannan Sk. The House owner Hannan Sk has been arrested. This refers to Tehatta PS Case No. 107 dt 08/04/2007 u/s 15/17/18 NDPS Act.
17. SI Joy Raychowdhury and others of CID, West Bengal arrested the following three(3) accused persons from Behala bazaar under South 24 Parganas on 29/05/2007 morning in course of investigation of Behala PS case no. 52/2007 :
- Babu Kundu(30) s/o Gouranga Kundu of Madhugarh, Tarama-Bidhan colony, PS DumDum, North 24 Pgs;
- Dipak Biswas(35) s/o Satadal Biswas of Purba Sinthee, Madhugarh, PS & district- do;
- Biswajit Das(28) s/o Naba Kumar Das of do.
The accused persons used to collect unauthorized firearms from Sk Raja- a notorious rowdy and extortionist of Maheshtala & adjoining areas and during preliminary investigation they have admitted to the commission of several dacoity and murder cases in and around Kolkata. This is being pursued.
18. On 08.07.2005 a group of armed young men, all aged between 25-30 years, Hindi speaking, boarded 2860 Down Geetanjali Express from Howrah Railway Station as bona fide passengers with railway reservations in different names with a view to commit dacoity in respect of HDFC bank money (Rupees 99,000,00 Lakhs( Ninety Nine Lakhs) which was being sent from its Kolkata Branch to Jamshedpur in Jharkhand, carried by the gun men & custodian provided by WRITER SAFE GUARD- a private security agency to the HDFC. Prior to final accomplishment of the act of dacoity, the following 3 main accused persons entered into conspiracy with some gun men of the said security agency (hired by HDFC). The case was detected within a few days and resulted in the recovery of some portion of looted money and other evidences and the arrest of several accused persons. Trial of the case is already in progress in West Midnapore and Warrants of Arrest against the absconding accused persons were issued. On 19.05.2007 evening, a team of CID officers and men namely SI Atish Chatterjee, SI Krishnendu Ghosh, SI Anirudhha Chatterjee and Constable Mohon Pathak arrested 3 accused persons by laying a trap from a place under Gandhi Maidan PS, Patna. Several cases of murder, extortion, dacoity including Bhagwanbazar PS Case No. 114/04 u/s 396/412 IPC (PNB Bank loot and murder of the gunman), Baniapur PS Case No. 121/04 u/s 414 IPC & 25(i)(a)/26/36 Arms Act, are already pending against them in Bihar:- 1) Satyendra Singh (38 years) s/o Lt Lachhman Singh of Vill + P.O.-Nagdiha, PS-Baniapur, District-Saran Chapra, Bihar 2) Sailendra Singh (27 Years) s/o Lt Lachhman Singh of Vill + P.O.-Nagdiha, PS-Baniapur, District-Saran Chapra, Bihar 3) Dhananjoy Singh (30) @ Kallu @ Nepali s/o Lt Raghubansh Singh of village-Kothia-Narao, P.O.-Narao, PS-Avtarnagar, District-Saran Chapra, Bihar and also of Magazine Lines-Douka, (C/O Tippan Singh, Birlapur, PS-Nodakhali, District-South 24 Parganas.In recent year this is the biggest ever detected dacoity case.
19. On 10/05/2007 at about 07:45 hrs, acting source information O/C Narcotic Cell along with officers and men of Narcotic Cell, CID apprehended one Nabin Mondal (34) s/o Lt Durjen Mondal of Hazrapata, PS Kaliganj, District Nadia from Bethudahari Hattala infront of Utsab Hotel and recovered 5 kgs 500 gms opium contained in a bag from his possession along with one Mobile phone and cash Rs 5,500/-. This refers to Nakashipara PS c/no 145 dt 10/5/07 u/s 17/18 NDPS Act.
20. Acting upon a secret source information about running an illegal sex trade by minor girls a raid was organized on 30/05/2007 at about 15:30 hrs by CID team in a rented quarter of Somnath Biswas (39) s/o Dhirendranath Biswas of Baharampur , Indraprastha, PS-Baharampur A/P c/o Smt. Karunamoyee Roy of 05/03 Netaji Subhas Sarani , Dum Dum, Kolkata-700079 and apprehended accused Chattu Biswas (18) s/o Kiran Biswas of near Hatiara Mazar, Baguihati, PS-Rajarhat, North 24 Parganas, 2) Swapan Mondal (26) @ Raja Ram s/o Lt Kripasindhu Mondal of West Balia , Garia Station Road, PS-Sonarpur, District- South 24 Parganas, 3) Rafiqul Alam s/o Sri Jiarat Sk of village + P.O. + PS- Sagardighi , District- Murshidabad, 4) Smt. Purnima Pyne @ Rakhi (40) w/o Deb Kumar Pyne of 126 Akhil Mistri Lane, Sealdah, Kolkata-700 012, PS- Armherst Street, Kolkata including the tenant and rescued minor girls -1) Mousumi Mondal (15) d/o Jadav Mondal of Bansdroni Bazar, PS Regent Park, South 24 Parganas, 2) Tina Poddar @ Munni (17) d/o Himangshu Poddar of Santoshpur , East Part, Quarter No. 8 B. Park, East Jadavpore, District-South 24 Parganas. This refers to dum Dum PS Case No. 108 dt 30/05/2007 u/s 363/366 IPC & 3/4/5/6/7 ITPA.
21. On 27/05/07 CID officers of Railway & Highway Crime Cell arrested the following persons - 1)Pargat Singh (26) s/o Lt. Sarjit Singh of Baganpara P.S. Budge Budge, 2) Pradip Manna (31) s/o Arabinda Manna of 7/1, K.P Mondal Road, Chorial Bazar, P.S. Budge Budge, 3)Ramiz Raja (24) s/o Musaraff Hossain of 51/1, R.L. Ghosh Road, Chorial Bazaar, P.S. Budge Budge, 4) Md. Akram (26) s/o Lt. Lalmohan Md of 47/C, M.H. Khan Road, P.S. Budge Budge, 5)Rajnish Verma (29) s/o Kamalapati Verma of 49/1, Dr. S.N. Ghosh Road, P.S. Budge Budge all of District South 24-Parganass in c/w Nandakumar P.S. case no. 12/07 Dated. 03.03.07 u/s 394/328/120B IPC. The arrested accused persons and others belong to an inter state gang responsible for hijacking truck carrying essential and other commodities along the National Highway with the Modus Operandi of administering drugs to driver and khalasis and thereby overpowering them and thereafter looting the entire goods. Investigation proceeds and their involvement in other incidents are being looked into. They have been taken into police remand on 29/05/2007.
22. On 05.05.2007 morning, CID officers, led by Inspector Shri P.N. Majumder and SI Pallab Ganguly, arrested a Bangladeshi National as named as Khandaker Tanvir Islam @ Joy @ Tarekh Rana (39 years) in c/w Kasba PS Case No. 67/07 from a flat at Chinar Park under Rajarhat PS. One Bangladeshi and one Indian International Passport were seized from his possession. Investigation is continuing.
23. In pursuance of a secret information a raid was held on 09/6/07 at 03:15 hrs in the house of Safikul Islam s/o Late Kabatullah Sk of Uttar Natibar Para, PS Lalgola, Murshidabad and recovered 550 gms of heroin and one Nokia Mobile Phone, Cash Rs 20,000/- from the house of Safilul Islam. This refers to Lalgola PS c/no 124 dt 09/6/07 u/s 21 NDPS Act.
24. On 06/06/07 morning working out a source information a raid has been held in the house of one Makhan Burman (35) s/o Late Jalil Burman of Ruer Kuthi, PS Dinhata and recovered 14 packets containing Ganja weighing 53 kgs and 500 gms valued Rs 1,00,000/- and arrested the said house owner. This refers to Dinhata PS c/no 242 dt 06/06/07 u/s 20(B) NDPS Act.
25. On 18/6/07 evening DDI Baranagar DD held raid with assistance by local police and arrested one absconding accused Supriya Mullick s/o Sushil of Azgar, PS Tarkhanda, Khulna, Bangladesh at present residence c/o Debasish Paul, at Noapara, PS Barasat in c/w Singur PS c/no 27/07 (Engineer murder) and seized one improvised pipegun, 2 rds live ammunition and 4 rds .38 ammunition, one mobile phone as SR Property. This refers to Baranagar PS c/no 152 dt 08/6/07 u/s 25/27 Arms Act.
26. On 12/07/2007 at about 17:30 hrs. working as a secret source information Berhampore DD Police officers and force arrested 1) Mujibar Rahaman s/o Lt Hanif Sk of Alipore, PS-Kaliachak , District-Malda 2) Raisuddi Mia s/o Nazrul Islam of Ghastala PS-Do District-Malda 3) Tafajul Sk s/o Lt Torab Sk of Baliadanga, PS-Do and recovered Rs.1,39,500/- ( One lakh thirty nine thousand five hundred Fake Indian Currency Notes from their exclusive possession. This refers to Berhampore PS Case No. 310 dated 12/07/2007 u/s 489A/489B/489C/34 IPC.
27. On 03/07/2007 Gopal Subba s/o Lt Randhij Subba of Sombuk village , PS- Gezin, District-West Sikkim was arrested at Siliguri with 200 hundred pcs of Fake Indian Currency Notes of Rs.1000/- denomination ( Total Rs. 2 Lakhs). This refers to Siliguri PS Case No. 168 dated 03/07/2007 u/s 489B/489C IPC.
28. Acting on a source information officers of Nadia DD led by Inspector Sukumar Dutta intercepted one unregistered blue coloured motor cycle at Nishchintapur under Tehatta PS with two riders. They disclosed their names as Minarul Biswas (25 Years) s/o Lt Bhanjan Ali Biswas of Bour, PS Tehatta and Aftar Mallick (32 Years) s/o Lt Sardar Mallick of do. On search, the CID team recovered one nylon bag containing 1.650 Kgs of suspected opium. This would cost worth Rs.1,50000/- in the open market. Proper case has been registered against both the accused persons. This refers to Tehatta PS Case No. 273/07 dt 31/8/07 u/s 17/18 N D P S Act.
29. One Subol Debnath (22 Years) s/o Shri Raimohon Debnath of Tulsidanga, Purbasthali, Burdwan was arrested on 30/08/2007 late night by Narcotic Cell of CID WB. Leading to the statement of arrested accused person, officers of Narcotic Cell recovered 37 packets of Ganja weighing around 500 Kgs. This would worth Rs 3,00,000/- in the open market. Further enquiries are being made for seizure of more Ganja and arrest of culprits. This refers to Purbasthali PS c/no 127 dt 31/08/07 u/s 20/22 NDPS Act.
30. On 30/08/2007 early morning one Kazimuddin Mandal s/o Lt Meher Mondal of Kulgacchi, PS Tehatta, District-Nadia was intercepted by CID officers of Narcotic Cell near Palashi when he was trying to sale Narcotic Drugs. One Nylon Bag containing about 830 grams of suspected opium with cash Rs 2240/- as sale proceed was seized from his person on search. This refers to Kaliganj PS Case No 184/07 dated 30/08/07 u/s 17/18 NDPS Act.
31. Dipanwita Begam ( Name Changed) of Kakdwip PS Area of District South 24 Parganas, aged about 17 years, complained that on 14/12/2006 one Samad Dhali and his son Salamat Dhali of Village Shibnagar Dakshinpara kidnapped her and sold her to a lady in Howrah Railway Station Area. The deal was made in some hotels where she was confined for 3 to 4 days. Then again she was taken to Pune by Train in un conscious state by a middle aged couple. At Pune, she was sold to some Brothel at Budbarpet area. In the middle of July she got rescued by local police at Pune & sent to Kolkata Shelter Home alongwith 4 other recovered girls. Anti Human Trafficking Unit of CID West Bengal, on getting this information from this traumatized victim got Kakdwip PS Case No. 143 /07 dated 31/08/2007 u/s 363/366A/372 IPC read with section 3/4/5 ITPA Act registered. A team of Anti Human Trafficking unit officers, CID WB with the assistance of local Police Station arrested the two FIR named accused persons and produced them in Court .
32. Acting on a source information a raid was held on the night of 28/29.08.2007 at Sitalapara PS Bhaktinagar Siliguri Corporation Ward No. 31 by the officers of Jalpaiguri DD with the assistance of N.J.P Police Outpost officers and force and could recovered a stolen Hero Honda Ambition Motor Cycle Blue Coloured bearing no. WB74/F 7336 Engine No. 03C60M02610 , Chassis No. 03C62C01968 with hand made key from the possession of accd (1) Manoj Bhowmik (19) @ Sanjoy s/o Prodip Bhowmik of Sitalapara PS Bhaktinagar dist Jalpaiguri . Another accomplice named Raju Bhowmik (23) @ Bura s/o do of do was also arrested. On the complaint of Sri P K Paul, DDI Jalpaiguri, Bhaktinagar PS c/no 591 dt 29/8/07 u/s 411/414 IPC has been started . The district police is investigating the case.
33. On 14/9/07 between 12:15 to 12:55 hrs in pursuance of a secret source information, Sri T K Sinha, DDI Nadia, SI Anil Ash of Nadia DD with assistance of officers of Tehatta PS, intercepted a person namely Sufal Mondal (37) s/o Lt Bhim Ch Mondal of Choto Nalda PS Tehatta at Palasipara Bus Stand, PS Tehatta with a bag containing 4.200 Kgs of Opium. He was arrested and entire quantity of opium worth of (Rs 1,50,000/-) was seized. This refers to Tehatta PS c/no 291 dt 14/9/07 u/s 17/18 NDPS Act.
34. On 13-14/9/07 night, Narcotic Cell, CID held raid at Choto Nalda and arrested one Radha Krishna Biswas (75) s/o Lt Jyotin of Choto Nalda, PS – Tehatta and seized 6.200 Kgs of Opium from his possession. This refers to Tehatta PS Case No. 290 dt 14/9/07 u/s 17 C /18(B)/25 NDPS Act.
35. On 27/6/07 in pursuance of a statement of PC accused who was in remand in c/w Tiljala PS Case No. 184 dt 1/7/06 u/s 399/402 IPC, Inspector Parthnath Majumder of SOG, CID, West Bengal recovered FICN of Rs. 500/- x 60 = Rs. 30,000/- from one Md Abdul Mazid (36) s/o Lt Abdul Mannan of 142 Dr Girindra Sekhar Bose Road PS Tiljala at present of 148, Boalia Garia PS Sonarpur, Kol-84, Dist – South 24-Pgs and FICN of Rs. 500/- x 4 = Rs. 2,000/- from Bipul Mondal @ Rabin Mondal (25) s/o Gakul of Havaspur PO-Havaspur PS Dhantala Dist – Nadia in c/w Kasba PS c/no 154 dt 27/6/07 u/s 489A/489B/489C/120B IPC.
36. In pursuance of secret source information to day 09/10/2007 at about 16:30 hrs. Shri S.Dutta alongwith Shri T.K.Sinha , both DDI of Nadia DD, CID West Bengal and SI Anil Ash, W/C 106 Parimal Chatterjee with the assistance of SI Sunil Sinha of Nabadwip PS , C/446 Habidur Rahaman, C/43 Nikhil Ranjan Biswas both of Nabadwip PS intercepted one suspected to be stolen LP.Track without body bearing Registration No. WB39/2933 at Kalabagan Rly. Gate PS Nabadwip and arrested the driver Raju Rabidas (28) s/o Lt Bhairo Rabidas of Kulti 12 pit Chena Kuri, PS Kulti, District Burdwan. The track bears the Engine numbers 697023EVQ 732845 & Chassis No. 360324EVQ-712285. This refers to Nabadwip PS GDE No. 321 dated 09/10/2007 u/s 41 Cr.PC/379/411 IPC. The Police seized the truck and arrested driver . Seized Track worth Rs. 2,00,000/- (approx).
37. On 01/11/2007 in between 03:45 hrs and 04:225 hrs a raid was organized by Narcotic Cell CID WB on NH 34 Pocket Road at the border of Nakashipara PS and arrested 1. Hasibul Sk (18) s/o Md Mansur Ali Sk of Bora Nadia PS Tehatta 2. Saddam Ali Sk (32) s/o Lt Niamuddin Sk of do and recovered 1 (One ) Kg of Heroin ( brown coloured) along with one TVS Motor Cycle bearing no. WB52E/2339 and one Mobile (Nokia) No. 9732825728. This refers to Nakashipara PS Case No. 298 dt 01/11/2007 u/s 21B/29 NDPS Act.
38. On 01/11/2007 in between 03:45 hrs and 04:225 hrs a raid was organized by Narcotic Cell CID WB on NH 34 Pocket Road at the border of Nakashipara PS and arrested 1. Hasibul Sk (18) s/o Md Mansur Ali Sk of Bora Nadia PS Tehatta 2. Saddam Ali Sk (32) s/o Lt Niamuddin Sk of do and recovered 1 (One ) Kg of Heroin ( brown coloured) along with one TVS Motor Cycle bearing no. WB52E/2339 and one Mobile (Nokia) No. 9732825728. This refers to Nakashipara PS Case No. 298 dt 01/11/2007 u/s 21B/29 NDPS Act.
39. On the night of 16/17-11-2007 acting on a secret information a team of officers of CID, West Bengal under the leadership of Shri Swapan Sarkar, Dy.SP SOG CID West Bengal a raid was held at open palce beside the PHE three storied quarters on the south side of Geokhali Chaitynapur Pitch Road near Rupnarayan River PS Mahishadal District-East Midnapore and able to secure arrest of 1. Selim Laskar (34) s/o Abdul Robe Laskar of Vill Mamudpur PS Magrahat District –South 24 Pargana 2. Mizanur Rahaman Gayen @ Mizanur (33) s/o Ali Mohammad Gayen of vill Purulia Gayenpara PS-Diamond Harbour District-24 Pargana South 3. Ali Gaffar Molla @ Gaffar (28) s/o Lt Alek Nur Molla of vill-Chuk Nagar Paik Para 5. Sk Siraj @ Siraj (20) s/o Sk Sofi of Vill-Geon Khali PS-Mahishadal District- East Midnapore along with the following seized articles.
- One sophisticated automatic 9 mm pistol having length 10 inches (approx) fitted with wooden butt, barrel,trigger firing pin and where in the body of the pistol it is engraved “AUTOMATIC PISTOL MADE IN ITALY No. 22290 and one picture of flying eagle” at one side and at another side ÄUTO PISTOL 9 MM ROUND is also engraved, fitted with magazine loaded with six round of live 9 mm ammunitions, at the bottom of magazine “No 22290” is also engraved.
- One Chopper having length approx 12 inches including wooden butt.
- One iron rod having length 3 feet (approx).
- One Chopper having length 12 inches including wooden butt.
- One iron rod having length 2.5 feet (approx)
- One Nokia Mobile Phone Model no. 1110i type RH93 fitted with AIRTEL Sim having no. 9800282934 and IMEI No. 356968017714583 with battery in working condition.
- One Nokia mobile having no. 9734842998 model 6070 IMEI No. 357699016108480 with battery in working condition.
The accused persons were assembled there for preparation to commit dacoity. Over this incident on the complaint of SI Swarup Saha , Mahishadal PS Case No. 104 dt 17/11/2007 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act was started and the case was assumed control by CID West Bengal and SI Joy Roychowdhury of SOG is detailed to investigate the case. Investigation is proceeding.
40. On 19/20-12-2007 night a team of CID officers and staff of Narcotic Cell acting on a secret information held raid at Fazilnagar District-Nadia and recovered 40 kgs of Ganja and seized the same under proper seizure list and arrested one Kalu Mondal. This refers to Thanarpara PS Case No. 65/07 dated 20.12.2007 u/s 20/25 NDPS Act.